This is a great recipe, from the book Sweet Designs, by Amy Atlas.
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 6 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 1/3 cup finely chopped almonds ( I change the original recipe for walnuts)
- 1 cup dried sour cherries, rough chopped ( I change the original recipe for fresh diced chopped strawberries)
- 2/3 cup milk
4. Remove bowl from mixer and add, the chopped walnuts, and the strawberries, and stir by hand, carefully not to smash the fruit, but just to combine the ingredients.
Divide the batter evenly in the cupcake tin and bake until the cupcake are just set and the edges are golden brown.
about 17 minutes. Let cupcakes cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, the transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
5. When the cupcakes are completely cool, drizzle the icing of your choice, and decorate them as you like.